Monday, November 18, 2019

Wild Bear Safari

I completed my third Wild Bear Safari this past weekend and, once again, didn't see a single wild bear!

The Wild Bear Safari is a rally hosted by the Apollo Motorcycle Club in Samsula, Florida. The ride was in Seminole Forest and Ocala National Forest. Here are some photos from the ride.


Coming off three rallies on my KLR600 it was nice to be on the KLX250...and I really needed those Michelin AC10s out in Ocala National Forest.


Log into my YouTube Channel and watch My $400 Toy Hauler.






This is my friend Howard Alexander from South Florida.


Here I am (on dry land) trying to figure out my route across that huge/deep water crossing.




Actually, it was hunting season. Generally, we try and avoid the forests during hunting season, but Apollo decided to move forward with this rally. They'll be moving it to April starting in 2020.










Samantha Andrews, one of the leaders on Dixie Dual Sport, can be found riding her XT at most rallies around Florida.


This bike was drowned in the water crossing. These guys got it going and finished the rally.




I'd hate to have to have to lift a big adventure bike out of the sand.






Visit my YouTube Channel for video from the 2019 Wild Bear Safari.

Apollo has reported that the Wild Bear, which was moved from December to November for this year, will be moved to the Spring in 2020 in future years. That's really going to congest the Spring, but it's a good ride that I'll continue to participate in.

No comments:

Post a Comment