Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Honda Reflex Valves and Timing

Highly Rated Video:

So, I have a bad habit of taking on "other people's" projects/troubles and found myself with a 2005 Honda Reflex Scooter that was owned by a family friend.

It was spewing clouds of white smoke, an indication of moisture in the cylinder. Ultimately, a leakdown test determined that the cylinder head was cracked near the intake valve allowing the intrusion of coolant into the cylinder. So I simply replaced the top end with a used assembly that I purchased from a part-out on eBay.

Having pulled the engine to replace the top end, I was set up to take the viewer around the engine and explain the operation of the 2005 Honda Reflex valves, clearance and adjustment and the timing. 


Considering that this video is the second highest viewed video on my YouTube Channel, someone must be getting something from it...although it only has 13 thumbs up and 5 thumbs down.

No comments:

Post a Comment