Friday, December 24, 2021

Receiver Rack Lights

Earlier this year in January, I purchased a Black Widow Receiver Rack (Model AMC-400) to haul my Kawasaki Super Sherpa and am also using it to haul my recently purchased Suzuki DR650.


It was my plan to install auxiliary taillights since the motorcycle interfered with the permanent taillights and just got around to it this weekend. I'd previously used portable (trailer type) auxiliary lighting, but decided to go with something more permanent with this rack.




I selected a waterproof set of Partsam Lights on Amazon for under $20 and wired them up to my trailer light harness that has a basic four pin quick disconnect. 


I didn't want to weaken the rack by drilling holes, but I ended up using four small self tapping bolts to secure the lighting to the rack. I thought of, but then discounted, glue options. I didn't think zip ties or similar would be the answer as loading and unloading the motorcycles may damage the straps. So far, the self tapping bolts look like they're going to do the job.

I believe that augmenting the existing lighting when using these receiver is a much safer arrangement for transport.

No comments:

Post a Comment