Tuesday, December 25, 2018

KLX250 Bash Plate

I have a small utility trailer (4' x 8') that I use as a makeshift lift table and was using it today to change the tires. While up there, I noted that the KLX250 actually has a bash plate; not much of one, but it's there and hard to see unless you're looking for it or doing an oil change...and I'm about 50 miles from the first oil change.


I wasn't looking to get one; there isn't one on my wish list. People make a big deal about bash plates, but the reality of my world is that the trails are all soft surface (sand and mud) and, generally, the dual sports that I focus on are in the 11"-12" ground clearance which is going to miss a lot of that. If it was rocky, it would be a whole different deal, but there just aren't any on the trails we ride.

Glad to have the bash plate, though. It was a pleasant surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment