Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Polar Bear Adventure Rally

Today I spooned on the set of Michelin AC10 tires that I purchased from Rocky Mountain ATV. I picked out the 80/100-21 for the front ($79) and the 110/100-18 ($77) for the rear. As discussed in previous threads, the measurements on the rear actually turned out to be 130 mm wide and 115 mm total sidewall that would normally result in a 130/90-18. Go figure.



Luckily the rear fit okay, although the mud flap in front of the tire that protects the shock may require some modification before I'm done. I'll be riding tomorrow and can see if there's any contact.

Ready for the Polar Bear!

Getting the tires spooned on was the main task in getting ready for the Polar Bear Adventure Rally out of Keystone Heights Florida (near Gainsville) next week...January 4-6. I also need to do the running in maintenance this week.

The Polar Bear will have me back in Ocala National Forest (same as the Wild Bear Safari earlier this month) plus some other forests in the area. Home base for the event is the Gold Head State Park in Keystone Heights. I'll be tent camping.

The reason it's called the Polar Bear is, for some reason, it's always totally freezing out for this event. It'll actually be my first time at the Polar Bear. Maybe my luck will change and will have some moderate weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment