Friday, August 30, 2019

Water Crossings

Unfortunately for the KLX250, it missed out on the three-day Smokey Mountain 500 Adventure Ride that I did instead on my 1985 KLR650. Perhaps unfortunate for me, as well, considering I lost out on one whole day when the clutch cable snapped!



However, the days I was able to ride provided quite a bit of technical challenge including some fairly long river crossings. Here's a video of our group...then down from eight to six...tackling one of the river crossings:


Standing, sitting, fast, slow....technique is whatever works for the rider. However, I always liked the "textbook" technique as written by Robert Wicks and Greg Baker in their book, "Adventure Riding Techniques...The essential guide to all the skills you need for off-road adventure riding." It goes like this...

"Keep the bike upright and moving forward." 😊


There you go......

No comments:

Post a Comment