Saturday, September 14, 2019

Tactical Chest Rig

Tactical Chest Rig....

That's what it was called on the Amazon Listing. It was $23.



In preparing for the Smokey Mountain 500, I tested each tank bag from the pile that I own on my KLR600...to no avail. None seemed to fit well. The SM500 was a three day ride and I need as much storage as possible. I even tried to put nets over a couple and it just didn't work on the steep slope of the tank back.

I got thinking about a chest rig (normally useful for fishing) and got to looking around. In a world of $300 motorcycle tank bags, I found a good looking chest rig on Amazon...for only $23!

  • Molle Front Face (the Chisco is my camera/speedloader pack; not part of the chest rig)
  • Size is 12.5" x 9"
  • Three full pockets (two inside, one on the front behind the molle
  • Represented to be waterproof, but relies on zipper covers that cover from the back (so wind is going to peal the covers back). I baggied everything that I didn't want to get wet.

Here are some photos.





I found the harness very comfortable and secure.

Overall, I liked it so much I really don't see myself using a tank bag again.

No comments:

Post a Comment