Tuesday, June 16, 2020

The Hooch 2020

Earlier in the year, I didn't think I wanted The Hooch Motorcycle Rally out of Two Wheels of Suches on my rally calendar. However, as I got closer to the June rally, I decided that I'd probably like to go...and, include a do-over of the three-day Smokey Mountain 500 (a ride we weren't able to complete in August 2019).

Unfortunately, the rally was sold out, but after complaining on Facebook about my bad planning, a friend offered me his ticket that he was no longer able to use. He got his otherwise non-refundable money back and I got to go to the rally and take on the Smokey Mountain 500...this time successfully.

The Hooch is a nice rally through the forest roads in the Chattahoochee Forests of North Georgia. My 1985 KLR600 was the oldest motorcycle represented in the rally. The next oldest was a 1994 Honda XR. We rode together the first day.

Here's a video of the walk around before the Day-1 riders meeting.



No comments:

Post a Comment