Saturday, July 18, 2020

2019 Yamaha Tracer 2019

We have moved back into the sport touring category!

Between March 2015 and April 2016, I enjoyed over 25,000 miles of sport touring on my Kawasaki Versys 1000; see my blog Versys Ventures and More. Between then and now, I've been most active in dual sport, which has been largely isolated to dual sport rallies. While I enjoy the dual sport rally circuit, it's too much time behind the wheel of my truck dragging my toy hauler all over the southeast. Time for a change, and the change is back to sport touring...

...but not back to the Versys. It was one of the greatest motorcycles I've owned but, where I paid a little under $13,000 for mine back in late 2014, momma Kawasaki now wants over $19,000 for a new 2020!

I almost purchased the Yamaha FJ-09 sport touring model motorcycle when it came out...can't remember when that was, and landed on the FZ-09 instead. A couple years later, Yamaha rebranded these models. The FZ-09 became the MT-09 and the FJ-09 became the Tracer 900.

So I went back out and searched show room floors at area Yamaha dealers for the Tracer 900 and found a bright, new 2019 model at Cahills Motorsports in Zephyrhills, Florida; close enough and in my price point at $10,500 out-the-door!



July 18, 2020, the adventure begins....

No comments:

Post a Comment