Friday, January 8, 2021

Black Bear/ONF

My first trip in 2021 was a two-day scouting mission in the Ocala National Forest to work up a loop in the Forest and on the Florida Black Bear Scenic Byway for my new Moto-Touring Blog called Florida Motorcycle Destinations. It was a successful trip although dang cold for Florida. My second day I rolled out of Silver Springs at a temperature of 39 degrees. Typical Florida, it was 51 degrees an hour later.

So, here's a look at the loop beginning and terminating in Daytona Beach. It's called the Black Bear/ONF Loop. It'll be a good loop for folks coming in for Bike Week. A downloadable .gpx route is included in the Blog.


I published a couple videos from this trip on my YouTube Channel. The first is a short video of the 70 foot WWII era missile at the VFW in Sulfur Springs.


The second explains the origins of the very odd bridge on the north west border of the forest near Fort McCoy. 

I think I put together a real good street-bike friendly loop. Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment