Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Wild Bear Safari

The 2020 organized dual sport and adventure rides were significantly disrupted due to the pandemic. Many started off being deferred to later in the year only to be cancelled come fall. Will 2021 be the same? Well, we'll see. I can't say that it's looking good given that the AMA has not released 2021 schedules for their Dual Sport and Adventure Series.

However, that's just the AMA and many of their rides actually leverage off the local clubs that appear to be looking at "normalcy" in 2021. For instance CADS held their annual Polar Bear Ride just last week and Apollo has opened registration for their annual Wild Bear Safari that will kick off in April. 


I thought I'd just sit out the 2021 season and play with my six-month-old Yamaha Tracer, but I just miss the dirt. The KLX and the KLR are gone and I didn't have a dual sport for the Polar Bear so I missed that. I'm signed up for the Wild Bear so I needed to get on it.

I pretty much decided on one of the new 2021 CRF300L models ... until I was told they won't even be shipped to dealers until May! Having worked in powersports, that means prolly August. 

Looks like my fall back will be picking up a used-something to ride temporarily until later in the year when I can circle back on the CRF.

What will that be?

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment